At the heart of any life science or medical instrument are the sensors and actuators which actually perform measurements and apply stimulus to a physical specimen. We have experience incorporating sensors and frontend electronics for monitoring a wide range of signals, and we’ve built mechatronic assemblies for automated sample handling. Our work includes:
- Low-noise techniques for recording signals such as electrophysiology, optical absorbance, fluorescence, temperature, and fluid transport
- Custom PCBA design, including mixed-signal design for analog front-ends and digital embedded control
- Electromechanical test and measurement fixtures
- Incubation for driving chemical reactions or sustaining live cell cultures
- Customized computer vision and microscopy solutions for brightfield, darkfield, and fluorescence imaging.
- Robotic/mechatronic actuators for sample loading, alignment, and reagent delivery
- Compatibility with lab automation equipment, including liquid handlers