Bolt Threads is developing a revolutionary leather alternative material, Mylo™, made from mycelium, the underground root structure of mushrooms.
Bolt turned to Mosaic to provide field support, equipment upgrades, and troubleshooting services for their custom R&D incubator systems used in evaluating mycelium growth conditions. The project included:
- Review of technical design files for custom hardware and facilities walkthrough
- Troubleshooting and upgrades to RS-485 sensor networks to eliminate electrical interference
- Coordinating Labview software updates for environmental control (CO2, humidity, and airflow)
- Recommendations for water and compressed air delivery improvements
- Replacing and weatherproofing cabling within incubators
- Upgrades to airflow control system to enable closed-loop control of fan speed